Internship & Mentoring Programme for the PhD students from the CIVICA member institutions (10h/week, starting from 1.05.2021)
The Revdem (Review of Democracy), a new online journal initiated by the Central European University’s Democracy Institute is looking for five assistant editors interested in one (or more) of these thematic fields: political economy, history of ideas, debates on the future of Europe, the state of democracy in various parts of the world.
The tasks of assistant editors will be the following:
– Assisting the editors of the open platform in their work.
– Preparing the content in their respective fields of interest.
– Preparation of the events organised by the RevDem.
– Managing the social media of the RevDem.
The internship is not remunerated, but it offers participation in a mentoring programme. The goal of the programme is to teach the students the following skills:
– Op-eds writing.
– Text editing.
– Conducting interviews.
– Trainees will have the opportunity to familiarise with the area of broadly understood studies of democracy in Europe and beyond.
Background information about the journal: This new journal is an initiative of the CEU Democracy Institute in cooperation with the key experts on the issues of democracy and the Rule of Law worldwide. It sets out to provide an open platform for publicizing and discussing ongoing processes of (de/re-) democratization, as well as offer analysis, reflection and opinion pieces both at the level of specific countries and at the broader, regional level.